Siemens Managing Board sets up COVID-19 aid fund
• Siemens Managing Board decides to form worldwide aid fund to help relieve and combat the coronavirus pandemic.
• Siemens to match all funds donated by employees.
• Fund to supplement numerous aid programs already in place at international Siemens units.
• Company and employees aim to help people stricken by the COVID-19 pandemic worldwide
• Entire Managing Board joins in donation campaign.
• President and CEO lays foundation by donating €1 million
Effective immediately, the Managing Board of Siemens AG has decided to set up a COVID-19 aid fund. Under the auspices of the community-serving nonprofit organization Siemens Caring Hands e.V. (“Caring Hands”), this aid fund is to provide support, without red tape, to relief organizations and medical facilities as well as to individuals impacted by the COVID-19 crisis worldwide.
Antonio Santos posted on LinkedIn
Siemens Managing Board sets up COVID-19 aid fund. * Siemens Managing Board decides to form worldwide aid fund to help…
All Siemens AG employees worldwide can now make monetary donations to Caring Hands by specifying “COVID-19” as the purpose of the gift. Siemens AG will match every euro donated, meaning the company will donate the same amount to Caring Hands. In accordance with its articles of association, the charity itself will then channel the funds to those who need them most.
“Both medically and socially, COVID-19 is a challenge of a kind that the world as a whole has never seen before in peacetime. Now, acting responsibly is more important than ever — for our company’s future, for the health and economic security of our workforce and business partners, but also for the cohesion of societies
Communications Head: Clarissa Haller
Reference number: HQCOPR202004145854EN
Werner-von-Siemens-Strasse 1 80333 Munich